Summary of Experience
Experienced finance professional with strong technical, analytical and leadership skills. Broad exposure earned during military, audit, and sales finance experiences has resulted in strong interpersonal skills, learning agility, and a drive for results.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) September, 2013
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA) August, 2012
Senior Financial Analyst
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics
2016 - Present
Provide financial leadership to worldwide operations; support consolidations with insight and analytical support.
- Provide financial leadership by driving analysis of the underlying assumptions during the AOP and interim forecasts. Result: Summarized business drivers and provided actionable insights to finance leadership.
- Interface with FP&A and Controllership to address emerging issues and ensure accurate reporting. Aligned plant reporting with corporate functions using the new consolidations system (BPC). Result: Restored the integrity of reported results enabling the monthly reviews to focus on business results.
- Manage the monthly close process including coordinating reporting requirements and improving data accuracy. Introduced forward looking analysis into management reporting to enable better decision making. Result: Reduced the close cycle by two days enabling senior leadership to receive monthly results sooner and allow finance to direct resources towards other value added activities.
Senior Financial Analyst
Quest Diagnostics Inc
2014 - 2016
Building financial models to evaluate deals and ensure they are profitable. Provide financial insights to account executives to maximize the value from the deal.
- Developed dashboard reporting of strategic pricing initiatives which was delivered to senior executives. Result: Management received actionable insights on success rates enabling them to control the sales team's activities.
- Deconstructed cost assumptions used in financial models and repopulated them with actual spend data. Coordinated with a cross-functional team to understand changes in the cost structure after several major reorganizations. Result: Health plan deals will be based on the most current and accurate information.
- Developed a database application to manage current health plan negotiations. Result: The application eliminates 4 hours of manual reporting effort each month through automation and enables ad-hoc analyses by putting the information at the analyst's fingertips.
- Performed analytics on company-wide revenue write-offs for indigent patients and reported the results to internal audit. Result: The analysis was used to plan a 2-part audit of controls around the write-offs. Invited to provide data systems and analytics support for this audit.
- Interviewed multiple finance groups as part of a project for the CFO to standardize the presentation and assumptions used to model deals across lines of business. Summarized the key similarities and differences in modeling approaches across finance groups and identified best practices. When completed, the recommendations will drive consistency across the organization and improve decisions to allocate resources.
Senior Internal Auditor
Quest Diagnostics Inc
2013 - 2014
Work with all levels of the organization to perform operational and compliance reviews and financial audits.
- Lead a team of auditing an international sales unit for compliance with Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. Assigned roles to the audit team members and managed to audit through completion. Result: The audit was performed with minimal interruption to sales operations.
- Participate in audits of new processes or areas without prior audit coverage such as Supplier Diversity, Revenue Analytics, and non-standard processes at a joint venture.
Determine the audit scope and procedures which enable a comprehensive review. Results: Documentation will form the framework for future audits and enable repeatable evaluations of the critical controls.
- Summarize and present audit results to senior management and stakeholders. Result: Management is kept informed of audit status and recommendations are persuasive and understood by the recipient.
- Selected from amongst peers to redesign the year end performance evaluation criteria for staff and senior auditors. Combined best practices from large audit firms, departmental strategic objectives, and guidance from the Institute of Internal Auditors. Result: Translated the department strategy into individual objectives and built consensus on how success will measured during performance reviews.
Senior Contract Auditor
Defense Contract Audit Agency
2010 - 2013
Examine contractor accounting practices for compliance with Department of Defense procurement regulations to ensure taxpayer dollars are spent on reasonable contract prices.
- Lead a team of auditors in large and complex assignments. Result: Effective engagement planning to align audit procedures with customer expectations resulted in a 60% cycle time reduction.
- Prepare audit reports to clearly present results in accordance with defined audit program steps by streamlining the report to focus discussion with stakeholders on recommendations. Result: Reports are now 30% shorter, with concise summary findings and recommendations.
- Develop team competencies through informal training sessions in statistical sampling and regression analysis. Result: These procedures are now regularly incorporated in the audit plans to provide reliable support for recommendations.
- Responsible for special projects such as coordinating audit approaches with other audit offices, aggregating and reporting cost data from multiple contractor locations, and researching auditing standards. Result: Developed a network with other agency offices to facilitate sharing best practices.
U.S. Marine Corps Reserve
Madison, WI & Al-Anbar, Iraq
2002 - 2009
- Lead a 12 man squad in combat operations.
- Instruct junior Marines in technical aspects of infantry field such as navigation, communication equipment, and first aid. Result: Marines were ready for deployments and prepared to assume future leadership roles.
Masters of Accountancy- Financial Accounting
Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey
Bachelor of Business Administration - Accounting
University of Wisconsin- Whitewater